The Introduction To Coaching Gaelic Games is the new entry level course that can be run for coaches from accross the Gaelic Games Family;- GAA, Ladies Gaelc Football and Camogie. Once you complete this course you will be eligible to coach in all the above codes. The course is the first Coaching Course on the GAA Coach Education Pathway. No prior coaching experience is required
The course is aimed at beginner coaches and will enable participants to assist a coach in the organisation of activities to develop Hurling, Camogie or Ladies Football & Gaelic football. The course is 8+ hours in duration and covers 7 key modules, as well as Introductory and Conclusion modules.
- Course Candidates will be 16 years or over.
- Candidates must be Garda vetted and have completed Safeguarding 1 (Child Protection in Sport Awareness programme) Duration:
- 8+ Hours
- These 9 modules are:
- Introduction to Games
- The “How to Coach Skills"
- Being a Coach
- Movement in Gaelic Games
- Who are you coaching?
- Skill Development
- Preparation and Planning
- Assist a coach in organising a programme of Games and Skill Development activities appropriate to each participants needs and abilities
- Identify the Skills of Hurling,Camogie and Ladies & Gaelic Football
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities (drills and fun games) to develop 5 key skills
- Assist a coach in organising progressive activities to develop movement skills appropriate to Gaelic games
- Assist a coach in organising and managing players for an effective practice session
- Demonstrate the How to Coach Skills – Build Rapport, Observe, Analyse, Explain, Provide Demonstration and Provide Positive Feedback to Players FOR INTRODUCTION TO COACHING GAELIC GAMES COURSE INFORMATION - Please contact your club's GPO
Assessment: No formal Assessment but full attendance is required
The course will provide coaches with the information and the ability to introduce players to sport in a safe and enjoyable environment.
The course covers 9 key modules, as well as Introductory and Conclusion modules. The 9 modules are:
The focus of the course is the development of the Coaching Skills by placing the participant in situations that they will face as coaches – the organisation of games activities, activities to develop skill and activities to develop the various movement skills.
By the end of this Course participants will be able to: