Dublin GAA Coaching & Games YouTube Channel
Our aim for the Dublin GAA Coaching & Games Development YouTube Channel is to provide FREE access to coaching videos, resources and webinars for coaches of all ages to aid them in their coaching journey.
Click the link below to access all our videos and playlists and PLEASE SUBSCRIBE to the channel.
Dublin GAA Coach Webinar Series II
After the huge success of our first Coach Webinar Series; we decided to undertake another with 5 World renowned Researchers/Coaches/Coach Developers. Each session is available to watch back on our YouTube Channel. Click the link above to view the playlist and make sure you have a notepad and pen in hand because you'll need it.
- Dr Sergio Lara-Bercial - "Learning From Serial Winning Coaches"
- Dr Nick Winkelman - "Language Of Coaching – The Impact of Coaching Cues On Skill Learning"
- Nicholas Walsh - "Player & Group Well-Being" and "AFL & GAA Performance Analysis"
- Kris Van Der Haegen - "Coaching Switch – Player First Ego Second"
- Dr Kevin Ball - "Kicking Performance – The Development of the Non-Preferred Kicking Leg in Youth Players"
The core structure of the Coach Education Programme is a coaching ladder which is organised across five levels (for both Hurling and Football) beginning with the Foundation Award (Juvenile Coach) and culminating at Award 4 (Advanced Inter-County Coach).
While each level is aligned to coaching at a particular grade, the courses are designed to provide a greater level of knowledge applicable to each grade as a Coach progresses up the ladder. In Dublin we offer courses up to Award 2 level.
The Coach Education Programme focuses on continuing education, so that coaches can improve by means of a series of specifically designed courses, workshops and conferences incorporating internationally recognised principles of best practice. These opportunities will include a combination of theoretical and practical inputs and allow for the use of digital and e-learning techniques.
The programme of Applied Lifelong Learning makes provision for coaches to continually develop their skills and to progress at a rate suited to their own development.
Full details on each of the levels available can be found by clicking on the course title below -
Dublin GAA has been rolling out an extensive Juvenile Referee programme for the last number of years. Children starting from 14 years old move through three levels allowing them to referee juvenile games. One of the final aims is to have confident, experienced young adults moving through from refereeing juvenile games into the adult referee programme.
The juvenile referee programme consists of three levels. Full details on each of the levels available can be found by clicking on the course title below -
- Level 1 Referee Course - This course is a Go-Games referee course for U8 - U10 CCC1 Go Games
- Level 2 Referee Course - This course is a Go-Games referee course for U11 & U12 CCC1 Go Games
- Referee of Youth Games (Level 3) - This course is a referee course for U13 - U16 CCC2 Juvenile Games
Registrations cannot be made online. Please register your interest with you club Referee Coordinator. Registrations will only be accepted from Club Referee Coordinators and MUST be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Adult referee courses are arranged by the County Referee Committee. Further details can be arranged on request via the form on our contact page.