Warriors & Winners the foundations of a team - Hurling6th December 2019 19:30
There’s an old saying among sports coaches: “A champion team will defeat a team of champions.” Nobody is great without work. Hard work is always the baseline of great achievements. Nothing spectacular comes without it. Getting organised is hard work. Setting goals, making plans to achieve them, and staying on track is hard work. Very few have ever failed with the hard work approach to making it. The Warrior is about much more than winning on the Hurling field, it is about winning the day and making the most of opportunities that come your way. It’s about learning how to respond to adversity and handle anything that the game or life has to throw at you.
Aim: The workshop will look to establish the principles of the Warrior: Fearless, Confident, Aggressive & Disciplined.
- Working players in game training under fatigue.
- Develop the ability to improve decision making and skills under pressure.
- Games that can influence the exercise intensity for improved fitness during training.
- Changing the training stimulus in games through altering pitch area, player numbers coach encouragement and playing rules.
- Pressure fit -playing under duress before the game.
Tutor: Mick Dempsey
Venue: Abbottstown (indoor rugby arena)
NB: Studded boots must be worn in the Abbottstown Indoor pitch area