Beginner Goalkeeping Training- Football21st February 2020 19.30
Aim: Improving as a goalkeeper involves working on reflexes, agility, leg speed, decision making and hand-eye coordination. In order to hone these skills, lots of practice and constant repetition are required – sometimes in an environment that recreates the intensity and often chaotic nature of a real match. The aim of the course is to provide coaches with ideas for improving goalkeepers.
- Successful strategies for developing & improving concentration.
- Developing advanced technique in reaction and anticipation skills.
- Working on decision making and defending one on one.
- Focusing on improving kick out delivery through resistance training.
- Working on angles and shot stopping.
- Structure progressive practices/drills to maximize learning and develop skilful goalies.
Tutor: Gary Mathews Venue: Round Towers Clondalkin GAA Club Time: 7.30pm