Faster-Sharper-Smarter - Hurling17th January 2020 19:30
A huge part of building a team is developing the fundamental skills of your players. Developing a faster first touch, sharper reaction time and smarter decision making are all important. To become a good player, you need to be able to have a great first touch. Being able to control the ball close to your body will make a significant difference to your game and ultimately, your first touch dictates what your next move is going to.
Aim: The aim of the training workshop is to offer coaches in-depth practical ideas on how to
- Implement advanced routines with the emphasis on quick handling.
- Set out games based training to encourage speed of thought under fatigue.
- Show how you can adjust activities to make them harder.
- Apply pressure by focusing on space/time/opposition/balls.
- Highlight the importance of being strong on the ball
Tutor: Paudie Butler
Venue: Fingallians GAA